Being an experimental product junkie, over the years l have turned my skin into my own personal guinea pig that l experiment with. I Am glad to say this was not in vain because through these experiments l have found my go to beauty products which include Dudu Osun, Nivea Q10 body moisturiser, Clinique and some Mizani hair products.
Dudu Osun Soap:
This is a full body soap that I started using in summer 2015. I stumbled on this while searching for skin care video’s on YouTube and l haven’t looked back since. Believe it or not, its good for all skin types.
I have an oily skin and without fail this soap keeps my oil production at a minimum. I also use it to wash my hair when am out of shampoo. It’s good for controlling itchy and dandruff prone skin.
My partner also loves this soap, he no longer uses any other soap or shampoo because this is perfect for both his dry skin and scalp. This soap is a stable beauty product of mine.
l call it a bathroom essential because it never disappoints. If you haven’t tried this yet, l suggest you get it and pamper your skin, your skin will thank you for it .
Its benefits include improved skin tone, reduced skin discoloration, soothing inflamed skin, exfoliates mildly and treats acne and acne scars. It is made from natural ingredients which include shea butter.
You will find that this soap last’s longer than other soaps because it lathers up a great deal. For more information and orders if you don’t have it in a store near you please refer to the following link: http://africaimports.com.
Nivea Q10 Plus Rich Firming Body Moisturizer:
I have been using this moisturizer since August 2016 and l can authoritatively say this is an absolutely amazing product, not only does it richly moisturize my skin without leaving it oily, it also effortlessly firms my skin, removing all the unsightly cellulite that many of us women battle with.
Other added benefits of this product are that it absorbs very fast and smells amazing. It is definitely a great buy. If you haven’t already, I urge you to give it a try. I bet you will love it as well, 250ml’s retails for R79.00 and you can find it at https://clicks.co.za or any other major retail store.
Clinique: Dramatically Different Moisturizing gel:
My skin is very oily, sensitive and prone to breakouts. This resulted in a struggle to find a face moisturizer that works for my skin. I was first introduced to this product in winter 2015.
Surprisingly, this product moisturized my skin without irritation. This gel calms my skin while keeping my breakouts at bay.
With its oil-free, non-sticky formulation it leaves my skin breathing freely. You can easily find this product at http://www.clinique.co.za or major Woolworths, Foschini and Edgars stores. 125ml’s retails for R540.00 while the 50ml’s goes for R270.00
Mizani Hair Products:
For the longest time l have read and listened to top hairstylist rave about the “holy grail” of hair care products that is Mizani, l only started to use these products religiously in April 2017.
I must say that I don’t regret it. My natural, chemically unprocessed hair has grown to be easily manageable and my scalp is much healthier with no single sign of dandruff.
These products have a rich texture which makes them last longer. Fear not, although rich in texture, these products are not oily and they have a lovely smell that’s not irritating to people like me who are sensitive to smell. My stash includes the following:
- Mizani 25 Miracle Milk: This works as a d’tangler for my natural hair, it’s not heavy on my hair and it’s easily absorbed. It strengthens my natural hair and l typically use it more frequently when l have braids. Retails for R240 http://www.mizani.com/products/category/haircare/25-miracle-milk
- Mizani Supreme Oil: This oil moisturizes without over saturating my hair in oil and Smells great. I also use it as a hot oil treatment which works beautifully on my tresses. I also use it for my Brazilian/virgin hair to get rid of the tangling. This by far works better than silicon which l find to tangle my hair, giving it a grossly wet, flat look. Retails for R250 http://www.mizani.com/products/category/haircare/supreme-oil/supreme-oil-silicone-mineral-oil-free
- Mizani h20 Intense Night Time Treatment: This conditioner is beyond amazing, I use it before bedtime. It strengthens my hair, now l have minimum to no hair breakage. Retails for R220 https://www.haircity.co.za/products/mizani-h20-intense-treatment-120ml
- Mizani Butter Cream Hair Dress: My natural, kinky dry hair appreciates this butter rich formula. It makes my hair smooth and easy to manage, smells so lovely. Retails for 195 https://www.haircity.co.za/collections/shop-by-price-r250/products
- Mizani Rosewater Conditioner: An amazing product that conditions my natural hair and scalp without making it too oily. Retails for R220 https://www.haircity.co.za/products/mizani-rose-water-hairdressconditioner-240ml
- Mizani Confiderm Scalp Oil: This oil effortlessly rejuvenated my then dry scalp. Curbed the dandruff and itch that l had. Encourages hair growth. Retails for R195 https://www.haircity.co.za/products/mizani-scalp-oil
PS: all the products mentioned above were a first for me and they were all bought in April as mentioned above. They truly last long and are very much worth every penny.
I would love to know what your current beauty favorites are; please share with me on the comment section below. Thank you for passing by.