Today am bringing you the best of both worlds; potato and egg salad. This salad is versatile enough to be served as breakfast, lunch or dinner. Its easy to make and very tasty.
- 4 large eggs
- 2 ounces of sliced or slab bacon, cut into half strips
- ¾ pound tiny potatoes. (If they are larger than a tennis ball, ¼ them)
- Kosher salt, freshly ground pepper
- 1 small shallot; finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons of whole grain mustard
- 1 tablespoon of vinegar (add more if you so desire)
- 4 cups of summer greens of your choice
- 2 cups of mixed herb leaves of your choice (parsley and chives are always a great idea)
- Boil eggs for six minutes & transfer them into a boil of ice water and set aside.
- Cook bacon over medium heat until semi-crisp. Add potatoes, season with salt and pepper. Continue to shake the pan occasionally until potatoes are tender and cooked through. (This process takes between 8 – 10 minutes) Remove from heat and add shallot, mustard and vinegar; toss to coat.
- Place greens and herbs in a large bowl, add warm potatoes and toss to mix and coat. Season with salt, pepper and more vinegar – if your taste buds desire more).
- Peel, halve the eggs and arrange them over potatoes and greens
Serves 2: Serve and enjoy!